Self confessed Mexican vagabond Vivianne Flores takes five with Explore Nation to talk about what inspires her to keep adventuring & exploring.
1. What’s your current location?
2. Can you give us a bit of insight into you and your background?
I’m a 24 year old architecture student about to graduate. Since I had a brain surgery I decided to explore planet earth as much as I can. So almost every weekend I go camping and travel on the holidays. My goal as an architect is to create sustainable communal living, with the hope to one day inspire others through photography to follow what they really love.
3. How did your passion for adventure and exploration come about?
Since I was little my Dad always took me camping and to the countryside. I’m not into big cities so exploring and going on adventures keeps me balanced.
4. Has your environment / location played a significant role in your desire for travel?
Definitely, the infinity of the sea and the desert landscapes has inspired me to explore what’s beyond my sight.
5. Where is the most memorable destination your adventures have taken you?
6. What has been the most challenging experience?
A hike I did in Washington. We walked through the forest for hours backpacking to camp at the beach. I felt that my head was about to explode after all of the effort it took me to climb several times with my huge backpack, but it was totally worth it! The view and sunset when we finally arrived was amazing. Also it was the first time I slept without a tent, just my sleeping bag and the stars above.
7. And the most rewarding?
I drove for 5 hours straight in the middle of the night to the Grand Canyon. There were no cars on the road aside from a truck that I passed. The night was so dark yet so peaceful, and I saw the most beautiful moon in front of me for several miles, as if guiding me.
8. What are your biggest inspirations and motivations?
The art of the simplicity. Simple living, responsible living with our planet. I hope I can inspire others to do the same, because I truly believe that all the answers are out there in nature, all we have to do is listen.
9. Have you got any plans for your next adventure?
I’m planning a graduation trip this summer 16′. I’ll be going cross country to visit all of the National Parks in Mexico and maybe all the way to Costa Rica.
10. Where can our readers find out more about you and your work?
Instagram. I also have a website coming next month.
Interested in taking part? Send Us an Email.